April 22, 2011

Man Beaten While Filming Police from His Own Property

Mitchell Crooks was standing outside of his Las Vegas home filming an arrest of burglary suspects across the street. Even though Crooks was doing nothing to interfere with the police activity, he was approached by, Las Vegas police officer, Derek Colling. In the ensuing confrontation, Crooks was beaten, had his camera kicked by police, mocked, arrested, and had his video camera confiscated.

Mitchell Crooks Mug Shot

Read the full story and see the video of the confrontation at Las Vegas Review Journal.

Many people will harp on the fact that Mitchell Crooks answered, "Nope," when Derek Colling asked if Crooks lived at the address. It is true Crooks would have been wise to answer the officer truthfully or not at all, but Colling had no business approaching Crooks in the first place. Crooks was not doing anything illegal, and the cop should have just ignored him. Colling just could not leave it alone. For some reason, he felt the need to bully an innocent bystander.

People might try to defend the officer by saying he was trying to stop Crooks from trespassing, but that is not the business of the cops unless a property owner or resident makes a trespassing complaint or there appears to be suspicious activity on the property. Simply aiming a video camera at the police is not suspicious.

When you watch the video, you will see that officer Derek Colling completely overacted to the situation and caused things to escalate completely out of control. If Derek Colling had just done his job and not stopped to bully Mitchell Crooks, none of this would have happened.

Las Vegas Police Officer, Derek Colling

Derek Colling needs to undergo some serious psychological evaluation. When the psychologist realizes Derek Colling is too dangerous and unstable to carry a gun, the Las Vegas Police Department needs to fire that brutal bully, and then arrest him for aggravated assault.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. The cop should be doing the perp walk. Another criminal with a gun... then again, cops are recruited from the criminal class. I'd rather my daughter walk thru a dark alley with felons than a cop. The Police State is here. A badge and a gun does not give anyone extrajudicial authority over law abiding citizens.

Anonymous said...

Is Derek gay?? I think he has lip stick on and he definitely has a feminine look to him.

RICKY MUNDAY said...

hello I came across your article because I've been doing research trying to locate this individual that you wrote about from a altercation that took place with officer Derek Collins in Las Vegas it's related to Mitchell Crooks

mitchell crooks has been non stop harassment on the stealing my content from my channel re uploading them the golden videos all across a network of sock accounts across youtube and uses my full legal name and the description and in the video and even purposely puts out my home address sure I've complained about him to youtube and the privacy violations and the copyrights and everything else but Mitchell has been persistent and continuing his his online assault and hateful derogatory false allegations to slander other people and threaten

on September 29th of 2022 I was contacted by the federal Bureau of Investigations Special Agent Morris and I was requested to with them at the city of Industry Sheriff Station on September 30th of 2022 they misled me to believe that it was in relation to a cyber complaint that I with the FBI the previous month on their website

when I got there to meet with meet with the special agents they told me that I was the subject of the investigation I was interrogated by the FBI at the industry sheriff station and I isolated interrogation room from 12 o 1 PM all the way to to 32 PM set PM September 30th of 2022 I was asked a range of questions including allegations come to find out which were made by Mitchell Crooks that information was given to me by the special agents that were interviewing me they also stated that says that I was using my platform to lure lure domestic terrorists to go out and commit horrific acts against other people

I guess the reason why I'm leaving this comment is because any one else that might come across this story should know the truth that mitchell crooks is not a them a police brutality he was targeted because derek Collins already knew who Mitchell crooks was because Mitchell Crooks formerly recorded a beating that took place in Southern California in the city of Englewood and it was already known that mitchell Crooks was also a one in Fugitive from Placer County California. i've never met this individual in my life but my friend and close associate Tom Zebra has mitchell Crooks in fact invited Tom Zebra out to Las Vegas to go cop watch with him well it turns out that these two individuals did not become the best of friends so whatever fallout they had I'm not involved in it I went in there however I've known Tom Zebra for over 9 years and me and Tom Zebra have had her ups and downs but we are good friends and I and I've never known zebra to be a thief or a shady individual or a futgitive from justice.